Climate Ambition Accelerator
The Climate Ambition Accelerator is a six-month accelerator programme for companies participating in the United Nations Global Compact who are looking to make progress towards setting science-based emissions targets and create a clear path to address their organization’s transition to net-zero. Led by the United Nations Global Compact with support from Patrons Ørsted and Natura & Co and sponsored by En+ Group, the Climate Ambition Accelerator aims to scale-up credible climate action across companies of all sizes, sectors, and regions, enabling them to deliver on meaningful commitments to reduce emissions at scale.
No matter where companies are in their sustainability journey, the Climate Ambition Accelerator will equip them with the knowledge and skills they need to accelerate progress towards setting science-based emissions targets aligned with the 1.5°C pathway. Through the Global Compact Local Networks around the world, participating companies will gain access to global best practices, peer-to-peer learning opportunities, capacity-building sessions, and on-demand training.
Benefits of the Programme
- Learn how to set science-based emissions reduction targets to achieve net-zero by 2050
- Motivate investors, leadership, employees and shareholders with an emissions reduction plan that sets your organization apart in the market
- Gain a clear understanding of the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) and the net-zero concept,including methodologies, requirements, processes, beneﬁts and applicability
- Hear from peers and share insights in group sessions
- Take advantage of on-demand learning that enables you to work at your own pace
- Get access to industry experts and networking opportunities
- Beneﬁt from local delivery combined with global insights and best practices
Who is Eligible?
- Companies who are already participants in the network
- Participants who are interested in setting ambitious emissions reduction targets aligned with climate science at the pace and scale required to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement
- Participants who are willing to appoint two representatives to participate in the accelerator activities and events and an executive-level representative to follow accelerator developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
- April 22nd (Earth Day 2022) – CAA Launch
- May -All of Module 1 will go live (recommended LN-led kick-off session to startAccelerator)
- July -All of Module 2 will go live
- September -All of Module 3 will go live
- November 7th – 18th – COP27 (CAARound 2022 wrap up)
Apply today and start your sustainability journey towards a healthier and safer environment.
Should you have any further questions about Climate Action Accelerator, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Senior Programmes Manager Susu Smaili at [email protected]
And get notified about latest news, events and more.