Connecting the Dots: Opportunities for the Private Sector in Lebanon to Engage in Gender Equality
In collaboration with the UN Women, Connecting the dots event will take place virtually on the 31st of March. This event aims to highlight the initiatives available for the private sector in Lebanon to prioritize women’s empowerment at the workplace and in the community despite the ongoing economic and financial crisis.
It will give the chance for the participating gender actors to highlight their main programs and initiatives and present the opportunities for the private sector (Large enterprises, SMEs, Startups), to engage with them in the upcoming months.
The participating gender actors will present opportunities in the form of funding resources, technical assistance, and engagement to support women at the workplace and in the community.
|15:00 – 15:10||Opening Remarks|
– Rachel Dore-Weeks, Head UN Women in Lebanon
– Deenah Fakhoury, Executive Director, UN Global Compact Network Lebanon
|15:10 – 15h20||Situation and Needs of the Private Sector|
– Asma Zein, Advisor to the Board, Lebanese League for Women in Business (LLWB)
|15:20 – 16:00||Panel 1: Technical Assistance, Internal Policy Review, and Engagement Opportunities to Promote Gender Inclusion at the Workplace and in the Community|
– Tamara Azar, Consultant, Gender and Economic inclusion at the International Finance Corporation (IFC)
– Lea Traboulsi, CDOs Specialist at LEBCAAP
– Carmen Geha, Founding member, Center for Inclusive Business and Leadership for Women (CIBL), and Associate Professor of Public Administration at the American University of Beirut
– Caroline Fattal, Founder of Stand for Women and Shareholder at Fattal Group
|16:00 – 16:20||Panel 2: Funding Opportunities for Women-Led Enterprises and Companies|
– Sonia Sanchez Quintela, Private Sector Expert EU4WE at Expertise France
– Yolla Serieddine, Deputy General Manager at Kafalat
|16:20 – 16:30||Q&A and closing remarks|
This event is only dedicated to the private sector. To register please click here.
For more information, please contact our Senior Programmes Manager Susu Smaili at [email protected]
And get notified about latest news, events and more.