Now Hiring- Communications Coordinator
UNITED NATIONS GLOBAL COMPACT
The United Nations Global Compact is the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative counting with more than 16,000 companies and 4,000 non-business participants based in over 164 countries, and with more than 69 Global Compact Local Networks (GCLNs) around the globe. Launched in 2000, the United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies to align strategies and operations with ten universal principles on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption, and to take actions that advance societal goals.
GLOBAL COMPACT NETWORK LEBANON
Global Compact Network Lebanon (GCNL) is one of the 69 Local Networks around the world that operates through a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the UN Global Compact HQ (HQ). We are an independent and self-managed entity with the unique mandate to provide direct local support to UN Global Compact participants based in our respective country with direct communication and guidance from UN Global Compact HQ. Global Compact Network Lebanon (GCNL) works closely with the UN Global Compact (UNGC) headquarters to provide opportunities for learning, policy dialogue, and partnerships on the Ten Principles of responsible conduct and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Executing the communication action plan and all matters related to communication whether internal or external in relation to our network members, programs, events, through the proper tools and media channels in a timely manner following the guidelines of the GCO and the strategy set by management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working alongside the GCNL team to lead on the delivery of the Communication Strategy
- Overseeing the GCNL’s online and social media presence (i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, website, and any new emerging relevant digital media), including publishing of content in a timely manner (bi monthly blog posts with key sustainability experts, publishing events, newsletter, news articles) and managing the GCNL’s Bite-Sized Learning offering
- Writing and distributing content, including press releases, key messages and briefing documents
- Managing and coordinating all media interviews and events. This will also include, where relevant, working alongside a media/communications agency
- Managing all marketing material/collateral (e.g. publications, event summary documents, brochures etc.)
- Coordinating with the programs manager on the communication strategy for each program
- Coordinating with the participant coordinator on the LN Hub content, participant recruitment and retention strategy
- Collaborating with classical media channels
- Managing the allocation of the communication budget to perform the tasks in the most efficient way
- Revamp our social media presence
- Continuous update of our website
- Create an influencers’ based national campaign on yearly basis
- Increase engagement with GCNL on all digital media platform
- Think of creative ways to translate the value proposition throughout our communication
- Think of creative ways to boost the work of other departments (programs and outreach)
- Deliver the proper message at the proper time through the proper channels to the proper audience
- Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviors; acts without consideration of personal gain; resists undue political pressure in decision-making; does not abuse power or authority; stands by decisions that are in the Organization’s interest, even if they are unpopular; and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making; examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses; and does not discriminate against any individual or group.
- Please send a CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this job and how it matches your current endeavors and future objectives.
- Deadline: August 5, 2022
- Applications should be sent to [email protected]
And get notified about latest news, events and more.