Target Gender Equality
Target Gender Equality (TGE) is a nine-month gender equality accelerator programme for participating companies of the UN Global Compact. Through facilitated performance analysis, capacity-building workshops, peer-to-peer learning, and multi-stakeholder dialogue at the country level, TGE will support companies engaged with the UN Global Compact in setting and reaching ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership.
Companies participating in TGE have the opportunity to deepen the implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles and strengthen their contribution to Sustainable Development Goal 5.5, which calls for equal women’s representation, participation, and leadership in business globally. Companies will be equipped with the latest data and research supporting the business case for gender equality and gain insights from UN partners and experts on how to accelerate progress in this regard.
A Regional Commitment
Global Compact Local Networks in Lebanon, the UAE, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia are joining forces on the Target Gender Equality Accelerator within the MENA Region to mobilize a regional corporate movement aimed at fostering gender parity within the private sector.
Key Learning Outcomes
- The business case for gender equality – unpacking the benefits of diversity and inclusion
- The external and internal factors to consider when developing ambitious but realistic targets for women’s leadership
- How to prioritize strategies and build a holistic action plan for gender equality
- How to build an enabling organizational infrastructure to avoid siloed approaches and ensure ownership across departments
- How to include KPIs for each step and monitor and communicate progress in a transparent manner
Participants will also:
- Gain a certificate of completion
- Have the chance to showcase their efforts and learn from peers at the global Target Gender Equality Live Event in March 2023
- Be asked to complete a survey to help us assess the outcomes of TGE
Features of the Programme
TGE consists of a performance-analysis phase, followed by three modules developed in collaboration with Catalyst, a global non-profit that helps companies build workplaces that work for women:
Explore the Women’s Empowerment Principles
The Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) are a set of Principles offering guidance to business on how to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace, marketplace and community. Established by UN Global Compact and UN Women, the WEPs are informed by international labour and human rights standards and grounded in the recognition that businesses have a stake in, and a responsibility for, gender equality and women’s empowerment.
WEPs are a primary vehicle for corporate delivery on gender equality dimensions of the 2030 agenda and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. By joining the WEPs community, the CEO signals commitment to this agenda at the highest levels of the company and to work collaboratively in multi-stakeholder networks to foster business practices that empower women. These include equal pay for work of equal value, gender-responsive supply chain practices and zero tolerance against sexual harassment in the workplace.
To read more about the WEPs, click here.
Local Participating Companies
Should you have any further questions about the Target Gender Equality Accelerator, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Programmes Coordinator Lynn Khatib at [email protected]
And get notified about latest news, events and more.