Target Gender Equality
UPDATE: The deadline to apply for the Target Gender Equality Program has been extended to April 30th! As we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we encourage all companies to apply to the TGE, and we will assist you along the way starting with the deadline extension.
Target Gender Equality is an accelerator program that drives business success, sustainability and contribution to Goal 5.5.
Through facilitated performance analysis, capacity building workshops, peer-to-peer learning and multi-stakeholder dialogue at the country-level, Target Gender Equality calls for bold action in setting and reaching ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership.
Target Gender Equality is launched with a focus on increasing the representation of women at the Board and Executive Management levels.
SDG Target 5.5 ensures women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public life.”
Benefits and Eligibility
- Confidently set ambitious and realistic corporate targets for gender equality demonstrating commitment and action to your employees, investors and other stakeholders
- Understand your current gender equality performance through the facilitated use of the Women’s Empowerment Principles Gender Gap Analysis Tool
- Engage in accelerated learning opportunities specific to your country context
- Build a network of peers, UN partners, and experts to support your gender equality strategy and work collectively to tackle persistent barriers to gender equality
- Showcase women leaders in your company who are driving business success, sustainability and contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
In order to take part, companies are required to be participants of Global Compact Network Lebanon and to meet the following criteria:
- Currently engaged with a Global Compact Local Network in your region or willing to join
- Committed to strengthening corporate target setting and action to increase women’s representation and leadership in business
- Willing to appoint two representatives to participate in program activities and events and an executive-level “Ambassador” to follow program developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
This program will run from 30 April 2020 to March 2021.
Despite some strides being made, a study by the World Economic Forum shows that the world is currently 257 years away from closing the economic gender gap.
According to a study by the IFC, only 14.7 % of Lebanese companies’ board members were females in 2019. However, these companies exhibited a 10.4% growth in return on equity. The Target Gender Equality Program will not only uphold women’s right to attain leadership, based on meritocracy and equal opportunities, but it will also lead to a positive contribution to the general economic situation in Lebanon.
You have until April 30, 2020 to nominate your company for the TGE Program
Do not forget to download the brochure:
Frequently Asked Questions
And get notified about latest news, events and more.