The Young SDG Innovators Program 2020-2021
Applications are now open for the 2020 -2021 Young SDG Innovators Programme!
The UN Global Compact Network Lebanon is proud to introduce the Young SDG Innovators Programme, a development programme designed to accelerate business innovation to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Young SDG Innovators Programme activates future business leaders and change makers and challenges them to rethink traditional business models and unlock new business opportunities.
Young SDG Innovators connects midlevel and junior managers – aged 35 and younger – across diverse business units to generate bold yet viable solutions that can have a positive impact on the company and the SDGs.
The programme aims to target corporate behavioral change by changing the way employees view the SDGs in relation to their businesses. While the tangible outcome of the programme is designed to be a new idea, product, survive or business model that is rooted in the SDGs while also having real market value for the company.
By focusing on young professionals from diverse business units, the programme aims to mainstream SDG innovation, leveraging the programme participants – and future business leaders and decision-makers – to become advocates and working practitioners of SDG innovation and spread this practice across their companies at all levels.
Young Professionals work in teams to identify opportunities and develop solutions that are relevant to their companies but have broader application towards innovation in addressing the SDGs.
10-month programme includes global webinars, local training workshops, mentoring, live case studies, sparring session (both with peers and experts) and challenge labs.
Activities focus on “learning by doing” and are action-oriented allowing innovators to apply SDG innovation to solve real challenges or leverage existing opportunities.
Innovators are matched with Mentors and Experts to guide them in the design, development and testing of solutions.
Solutions are tracked throughout the course of the development cycle to provide inspiration and serve as models for business innovation to achieve the SDGs.
Establishes a global network of young professionals in Global Compact companies for continued engagement and promotion of SDG innovation.
The YSIP is designed to engage your company’s brightest and best talent in not only advancing your sustainability efforts but driving innovation and delivering tangible
solutions with potential market value for your company.
- Learning and development resources: A comprehensive curriculum with a blend of learning opportunities including online and in-person workshops, case studies, company visits and forum discussions.
- Professional experience: Connect with other business units and collaborate on innovative projects relative to the company and industry.
- Coaching, mentoring and peer-to-peer networking opportunities: Build working relationships and learn from some of the brightest minds working on sustainability and innovation from around the world.
- Be part of a global network of leading young professionals: from some of the top companies across every continent.
- Accelerate integration of the SDGs into your company’s business strategy through collaboration, innovation and knowledge sharing.
- Create a culture of innovation to address the SDGs and showcase the programme’s tangible outputs and results.
- Increase employee engagement and professional development opportunities for valued talent.
- Gain global recognition for participation in the programme.
As a participating company of the UN Global Compact and Global Compact Network Lebanon, your company is eligible to nominate high performing young professionals for the programme. This programme is designed to target:
- High-performing employees at a participating company of the UN Global Compact
- 35 years and younger
- Interest in business model innovation, sustainability and disruptive technologies
- Call for nomination ends by November 2020
- Programme begins: January 2021
- Programme ends: October 2021
Ready to Nominate?
For further information, please contact: Ms. Bruna Elias on [email protected]
And get notified about latest news, events and more.