Under SDG4 NDU had many initiatives activities and events during the crises
– NDU signs an MOU with the Education Development Center (EDC) as part of the USAID’s Higher Education Capacity Development Programâ€ to advance our curriculum and provide our students with essential soft skills to succeed in the workplace.
– For students interested to study in Germany NDU hosted an info session by the German Academic Exchange (DAAD) (March 3)
– NDU Professor Dr. Nadim Nassif has devised an extensive ranking system to evaluate the performance of 206 countries in 116 sports The World Ranking of Countries in Elite Sport (February 25)
– The UNESCO Chair Open Educational Resources (OER) for Access and Success in the MENA Region is now housed at NDU and chaired by Dr. Fawzi Baroud, Assistant VP for Information Technology (February 20)
– The NDU Department of Media Studies organized a workshop for high school students interested in pursuing a BA in journalism. (February 25)
– NDU organized the â€œVirtual Stock Exchange Competitionâ€ for University students all over Lebanon.
– The Office of International Relations and the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs organized an information session for students interested in pursuing their education in Russia (February 24) https://www.facebook.com/NDULebanon/photos/pcb.10158533917924739/10158533914294739/?type=3&theater
– NDU Students – FBAE Team – won the first prize in the National CFA Institute Research Challenge 2020
– NDU Students Stephanie Sleilati and Maria Pia Merheb were selected to represent Lebanon in the ECOSOC Youth Forum at the United Nations Headquarters in New York
– NDU Department of Mathematics and Statistics organized the NDU Annual Math Competition for School students
– Students from schools across Lebanon attended this year’s Architect for A Day.
Participants were introduced to architecture principles including model making and using 3D software to develop a prototype in NDUâ€™s computer labs.
– NDU, Shouf Campus, Deir Al Qamar hosted Ideathon Mount Lebanon by Berythec on Feb 21,22, 23 to help students experience what it’s like to launch a startup in one fun weekend. To think of an innovative idea that solves a challenge in food, water, waste, transportation, renewable energy and agriculture or participate with just their enthusiasm and team spirit to win cash prizes.
– More Scholarships and Financial Aids offered by NDU to help students during the crisis
Mobility Program: https://www.facebook.com/NDULebanon/videos/996411480728426/
Special Shouf and North Campuses:
50% scholarship upon admission for the first 3 semesters of the BS in Physics
– As part of the #DEEL (Student Entrepreneurship Development in Lebanon) project, a training on entrepreneurial university was held on January 17 and 18, 2020. https://www.facebook.com/AUF.MoyenOrient/photos/a.275775649111992/2847254141964117/?type=3&theater
– NDU’s research has reached an all-time high in 2019 with greater achievements still to come! NDU’ ranked by QS Arab Ranking as number one in citations per paper in Lebanon and the 8th in the Arab World
– The Office of Campus Ministry alongside the Department of Community Service & Awareness at NDU have launched this year’s Christmas Charity Tree!
NDU community members pick up an ornament from the tree to see what food supplies are needed for the â€œHand and Heartâ€ organization this year. Donations were collected in boxes put under the tree.
– NDU’s Chemistry Program was one of only 10 international programs to obtain the 2019 American Chemical Society Global Exchange certificate as the result of Dr. Robert Dib’s initiative and efforts.
Our CSR Activities
Below is a list of CSR activities that NDU undertook in the current crisis:
- The NDU Ecovibes for Greener Schoolsâ€ campaign begins! Candidate Schools from across Lebanon met at NDU on January 31, 2020 to partner with NGOs working on Sustainability Education and Innovation. School visits and workshops on sustainable practices will be given by NDU as a bridge towards e-Ecosolutions Green School Certification.
- The Faculty of Business Administration and Economics at NDU organized a round table discussion around â€œThe Lebanese Financial and Economic Crisis: Challenges and Possible Solutionsâ€
To draw conclusions and recommendations by various experts.
- On February 19 amid the outbreak of CORONAVIRUS, the Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences at NDU and the Students Affairs Office organized a conference where experts from the University, WHO and the Ministry of Health spread awareness about the "Coronavirus (2019-Ncov): Myths and Facts".
- NDU hosted Georges Fayyad "Chairman of the Board of Uniterminal, General Manager of Unifert SAL, and President of the Association of Petroleum importing companies in Lebanon" in a seminar on The Fuel Oil Supply to Lebanon: Facts and Outlook moderated by Dr. Viviane Naimy, Dean of the FBAE, and Dr. Roy Khoueiry, Chair at the Department of Economics and Department of Accounting and Finance.
- In light of Lebanon's economic climate, FBAE Dean, Dr. Viviane Naimy's presented her findings on The Triggers of the Current Financial Crisis. https://bit.ly/38z0jKH
- Full Activation of free sports services for NDU community to help students, staff and faculty members acquire and healthy lifestyle and maintain a good mental health to overcome the crisis
Get active today! NDU gym and various classes are open to all! Get active today!
- Being a pioneer in environmental sustainability NDU produced its electronic catalog and stopped all kinds of catalog printing. Experience the various features here:
- During this season and considering the delicate situation in Lebanon, Dr. Christelle Bou Mitri, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences shares her vision on how to reduce food waste and fight hunger.
- To equip Lebanese people with hope and faith in times of crisis, NDU produced a daily segment on MTV Lebanon at around 5:40 pm titled Wakfet Raja for daily reflections throughout the Lenten season.
- NDU shared Play Mission 1.5 by UNDP to spread awareness on the Climate Change among NDU students and the external community
- An activation on the Internet and Technology Addiction (INTA) to raise awareness on this social problem
- Dr. Tanos Hage's, Associate Professor at NDU Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences and FoPD National Coordinator for the Fourth Time Running, has a vision of marking NDU campus as a Botanic garden and he started implementing this vision in his office.
-We are preparing for a 0 hunger and poverty campaign to be launched in march through many activities engaging students and all NDU internal and external community like: Sing for 0 Hunger, Hunger Games, Shop to Donate, etc. Not to forget the initiative that the NDU president along with a group of NDUers took on the first days of the revolution to go down to the streets and clean them and sort collected waste
- We will always stand with our students above all else. Fr. Pierre Najem held a General Assembly with the NDU community: the most recent Q&A session to discuss the current situation & provide our students with a platform to voice their concerns. https://bit.ly/2sD70uP
- NDU President Fr. Pierre Najm gave many speeches to guide NDU students to be enlightened citizens, he embraced students' right to exercise both free expression and access to education