The Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Council was launched in 2017. It comprises the SDG Goal Leaders and the Advisory Board. Each SDG Goal Leader is committed to the 2030 Agenda.
The SDG Council has three main functions:
1. Provide strategic direction to GCNL in relation to making progress towards the SDGs capitalizing on private sector leadership, engagement and involvement.
2. Mobilize resources and forge the necessary national and international partnerships and stewardship to keep all progress and activities on track in relation to particular SDGs.
3. Promote and support GCNL and track the progress being made on the SDG side in the private sector and in the context of nonprofits that are part of the network.
3 MAIN MISSIONS THE SDG COUNCIL FOCUSES ON ADVANCING
- Policy Dialogue, Advocacy and Lobbying in relation to SDGs
- Research on the SDGs
- Projects relating to the SDGs
And get notified about latest news, events and more.